What kind of things do I want to accomplish before I die? Instead of following the example of the guys in the movie and wait until I am about to die, why not make my list now? This way it gives me plenty of time to fulfill them and to add/remove things over time.
1. Have sex with 100 girls. I know this sounds pretty bad, but let’s think about this for a second. I am already a little over a quarter of the way there, and if I can average about two girls a year for the next 35-40 years, it’s really not that big of a deal. This is also one of those goals that will probably be removed if I were ever to get married and be replaced by something like “Have kids.”
2. Travel. I do not really have much desire to go see the sights of America. They just do not call out to me. I will really have to expand upon this more later. In fact, it really deserves it’s own post. Let me just say this for right now, I do not want to be a tourist, I just want to go somewhere and spend time and then return home.
3. Get into a sword fight or a gunfight, like an Old Western gunfight.
4. Go to every Major League park. My step-dad has been to a bunch of them and I would love to be able to say I have done the same. Parks I have been to: PNC, Camden Yards, Jacobs Field, Three Rivers Stadium…I have a long way to go. Hmm, I guess I could take a summer and combine this with number two, and probably help whittle away some of number one as well…
5. Hunt and kill either a vampire or werewolf. They ultimate big game, a much harder prey than humans or polar bears. Unfortunately the whole mythical monster thing makes it tough to accomplish. Also, I would probably look rather weird wearing leather (apparently if you watch enough of these kinds of movies, you know that hunters always wear black leather).
I think this is very nice to start to my list. Let me know what your five things are so far in life.