Yeah, since I am on vacation, I am just going to regurgitate one of my old Yummy Pancake posts. I think some of you will enjoy this if you never noticed it on the other site.
1. If you have six men and they each had six baskets. Each basket has six cats inside and each cat has six kittens. Assuming all are whole and healthy, how many legs are there?
2. I know what my job is,
The point has been made.
You say I have a big head,
And you’re right, I’m afraid.
Put me in my place,
And then leave me alone.
Is someone to drive me home.
3. There is a town in Texas where 5% of all the people living there have unlisted phone numbers. If you selected 100 names at random from the town’s phone directory, on average, how many of these people would have unlisted phone numbers?
4. How many three cent stamps are in a dozen?
5. If you divide thirty by a half and then add ten , what would your answer be?
6. A wealthy man named Richard Ellis had been counting his money.When he finished, he accidentally left a $100.00 bill on his desk. But when he returned for it a short while later, it was gone. Only two other persons could have seen the bill. One was the maid; the other was the butler.
The maid told him that she had hidden it for safekeeping under a green book that was on the desk. But when they looked the bill was not there.
The butler said he had found the bill where the maid had left it. He had placed it inside the book, where he thought there was less chance that somebody would find it. He had written down the page numbers so that he would not forget them. The bill was between pages 35 and 36, he said. But when they looked, there was no money in the book.
After Mr. Ellis had talked to the maid and the butler, he called the police. He was sure he knew who had taken the money. Who was it, and how did he know?